The Shipwrecked Pirates

Go Back   The Shipwrecked Pirates > Crows Nest > Crowfall Public

Old 05-25-2017, 08:05 AM   #21
Braxxar
FORMALLY FORECAST

I've been solo testing as order. If I'm not mistaken, factions only matter in the faction warfare scenarios/campaigns. I think guild campaigns are going to be most promising. Basically, join campaign. Form allegiance. Kill rival guilds and their allies. Survive the winter.

The only thing that sort of confuses me a little is that right now Eternal Kingdoms are the main cities. And.... they're not seigeable. So, does that mean you have to build cities during campaigns? Or will there be pre-existing cities to take over?
Old 05-25-2017, 04:03 PM   #22
Shokar
Da Bears!

The Eternal Kingdoms were for playing house.
Shokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:25 PM   #23
Braxxar
FORMALLY FORECAST

I looked into it. Siegable cities will be founded in campaigns at "ruin" sites that can be built up and expanded on. Eternal kingdoms are places to transact commerce and store spoils between campaigns. They are essential for success because otherwise entering a campaign naked every time will suck. Additionally, cities require a TREE (hmm, that doesn't sound familiar at all) at the center, which produces blood stones (I think they're called). Blood stones are required for campaign victory, and the tree can only produce them when the city is seigable. Otherwise the city is protected by the tree... wait a sec... nah still doesn't sound familiar.

What I'm curious about is whether or not you can turn on tree protection in the middle of a siege, because that would be dumb. And also, theoretically if you had people who don't sleep, you could just activate your tree during off peak times and produce lots of blood stones. So, I'm hoping they put some type of cool down on it (i.e. once you activate bloodstone production you are vulnerable for at least the next 24 hours).

And obviously they stated there will be all kinds of campaigns and they will take user suggestions into account.

Last edited by Braxxar; 05-26-2017 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Words
Braxxar is offline   Reply With Quote